The Butlers are a collection of passionate entertainers, local to Canberra, who are willing to provide the highest standard of service to our customers at The Commons Street Feast. They will be fun, confident, sociable and charming.
Your role at The Commons is to sweat the small stuff. You will have a current ACT RSA, (which we can assist you in attaining if needed) and you must be available over the 10-day season during The Commons standard opening hours. A hospitality background is desirable but not essential.
The Butler’s job is to ensure that the clients feel welcome and fully relaxed as they are completely taken care of. Important roles for the butler are to understand and upsell products and ensure customer’s leave with full bellies and a smile on their face.
You will understand the need for proper etiquette and service standards and have the ability to take direction and work in a team environment. You must be able to work around difficult circumstances and possess exceptional problem solving skills.
- Provide your guests with the experience of a lifetime
- Meet and greet your guests in a cheerful manner
- Offer appropriate seating arrangements
- Reserve a car or bike spot for guests (subject to availability)
- Give your guests a tour of the event, let them know what’s popular, make recommendations, point out the locations of amenities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with food and beverage vendors
- Order and bring food and beverages to your guests throughout their allocated booking time, ensure all orders are filled in a timely and accurate fashion
- Provide moral support as guests feast their way through the night
- Handle any complaints calmly and effectively, which may involve referring them to the Special Events and Butler Manager